The information we collect
Personal information: is information or an opinion, whether true or not and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual who is identified or reasonably identifiable.
The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- Identity Data including your name and age/date of birth.
- Contact Data including your telephone number, address and email.
- Financial Data including bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data including details about payments to you from us and from you to us and other details of products and services you have purchased from us or we have purchased from you.
- Technical and Usage Data when you access any of our websites or platforms, details about your internet protocol (IP) address, login data, browser session and geo-location data, statistics on page views and sessions, device and network information, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour, access and use of our website (including through the use of Internet cookies or analytics), and communications with our website.
- Interaction Data including information you provide to us when you participate in any interactive features, including surveys, contests, promotions, activities or events.
- Marketing and Communications Data including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- Professional data including where you are a worker of ours (or of one of our franchisees) or applying for a role with us (or with one of our franchisees), your professional history such as your previous positions and professional experience.
- Sensitive information is a sub-set of personal information that is given a higher level of protection. Sensitive information means information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices, criminal records, health information or biometric information. In the course of doing business with you, we may collect, or come across such sensitive information in different situations, including during the course of conducting a background verification check on you or when reviewing your CV.
Where you are a franchisee of ours, we may also collect:
- Financial data including company details (ie ABN and/or ACN), financial information including bank account and payment card details, profit and loss statements, balance sheets, weekly takings information, sales data and other business related information which may contain personal information.
- Geolocation data collected through trackers installed by the franchisee on its vehicle or the vehicle of its workers. The vehicle trackers are installed in accordance with the franchise manuals and franchise agreement.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information in a variety of ways, including:
- when you interact directly with us, including face-to-face, over the phone, over email, or online;
- when you complete a form, such as registering for any events or newsletters, or responding to surveys;
- when you apply for a job with us;
- from publicly available sources; and
- in relation to geolocation data, from the tracker in your vehicle.
Why we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
Personal information: We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to assess whether to take you on as a new client, including to perform anti-money laundering, anti-terrorism, sanction screening, fraud and other background checks on you;
- to do business with you, including to provide our products and services to you;
- to contact and communicate with you about our business, including in response to any support requests you lodge with us or other enquiries you make with us;
- to contact and communicate with you about any enquiries you make with us via any website we operate;
- for internal record keeping, administrative, invoicing and billing purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our business, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our events and experiences and information that we consider may be of interest to you;
- to run promotions, competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- if you have applied for employment with us, to consider your employment application;
- to share, where relevant, with one of our franchisees; and
- to comply with our legal obligations or if otherwise required or authorised by law.
Where you are a franchisee, we may also collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes (in addition to those above):
- to conduct credit checks and to verify creditworthiness;
- to monitor the performance of our business and of our franchises;
- to check information as required under the franchise agreement including accessing information received from suppliers, trade referees, insurers, banks, council, trade associations or other entities;
- to monitor compliance with the franchise agreement;
- to provide support and services to our franchisees;
- to comply with the disclosure requirements under the Franchising Code of Conduct and any other relevant law; and
- to do all things necessary or desirable to carrying out our role as a franchisor.
Use of geolocation data
- to allow for accurate timekeeping for any jobs completed (which also allows us to provide evidence to clients that we did service the job at the time indicated);
- to generate routes and improve routes via the data collected;
- to allow us to monitor the vehicle location within our account dashboard;
- for risk mitigation with any accidents;
- to provide for a reduction in insurance costs;
- for security and safety;
- to prevent and detect fraud; and
- as permitted by law.
Our disclosures of personal information to third parties
Personal information: We may disclose personal information to:
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers;
- marketing or advertising providers;
- delivery or logistics providers who deliver our goods to you;
- professional advisors, bankers, auditors, our insurers and insurance brokers;
- payment systems operators or processors;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required or authorised by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties to collect and process data, such as analytics providers and cookies; and
- any other third parties as required or permitted by law, such as where we receive a subpoena.
Unauthorized Recording of Meetings
We hold and conduct various meetings using a variety of technology including but not limited to; basic phone calls, online meetings using Skype, Zoom, Teams. We or the meeting organizer will inform all attending parties weather or not the meeting will be recorded. We recognise the importance of these meetings. We maintain strict procedures and standards and take all reasonable steps to prevent unauthorised access to, or disclosure of, any recorded sessions.
We store personal information in Australia. However where we disclose your personal information to the third parties listed above, these third parties may store, transfer or access personal information outside of Australia, including but not limited to, the Philippines. We will only disclose your personal information overseas in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Restrict and unsubscribe: To object to processing for direct marketing/unsubscribe from our email database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Access: You may request access to the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. Please note, in some situations, we may be legally permitted to withhold access to your personal information. If we cannot provide access to your information, we will advise you as soon as reasonably possible and provide you with the reasons for our refusal and any mechanism available to complain about the refusal. If we can provide access to your information in another form that still meets your needs, then we will take reasonable steps to give you such access.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading. Please note, in some situations, we may be legally permitted to not correct your personal information. If we cannot correct your information, we will advise you as soon as reasonably possible and provide you with the reasons for our refusal and any mechanism available to complain about the refusal.
Complaints: If you wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the complaint. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take in response to your complaint. If you are not satisfied with our response, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures, to safeguard and secure personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
While we are committed to security, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that is transmitted to or by us over the Internet. The transmission and exchange of information is carried out at your own risk.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
Links to other websites