Importance of Brisbane North Fire Protection for Business Establishments
To better understand the importance of fire protection for businesses, here are disturbing facts from the National Safety Council of Australia:
- There are only about 25% or less of staff members who can remember where fire extinguishers are located in the workplace
- Only 26% of Australians are trained in first aid
- 50% or less of building occupants know what to do in the event of an emergency
To elaborate further, reports from Fire & Safety Australia says that:
- Less than 50% of occupants feel confident to use fire extinguishers
- More than 50% of people who operates a fire extinguisher use it incorrectly
- Only 13% of people know the different types of fire extinguishers and what class of fire they are suited
To ensure that this doesn't happen to your business, it is best to invest in a comprehensive Brisbane fire protection services and train your employees. Employees and staff members must be aware and knowledgeable of the following to promote fire safety:
- Proper use and knowledge of fire protection equipment including fire extinguishers and fire blankets
- Different types of fire safety equipment
In the event of a fire in your building, business owners need to make sure that there is a clear evacuation strategy in place. Furthermore, employees and staff must be familiar with this plan to be able to safely escape from the building and as well as assist guests or clients to navigate through the exit.
Together with the fire warden, create an effective evacuation plan. Designate a muster point that is at a safe distance from the building and clear from combustible materials. A second gathering point must also be determined in case the first point has been compromised.The fundamental aspect of an effective evacuation plan is being able to maintain the calmness of the people during an emergency. Routine drills are done so that staff will be able to identify easily a course of action if an emergency does occur.
Visit FCF for more information regarding fire protection. We provide intensive fire protection services including supply, installation, and maintenance. We also offer fire protection training for employees such as fire extinguisher training and fire warden training.