Electrical Safety Check Sunshine Coast: Keeping Your Home Safe
In the workplace, it is common to contact an electrician to do electrical services, especially when there are faulty switches and wiring or circuit breaker trips. Aside from these reasons, businesses are required to conform with work health safety regulations. Thus, conducting electrical safety check Sunshine Coast is done periodically.
Unfortunately, this practice is not the same with their homes; home safety inspection is taken for granted despite numerous house fire incidents. House fires are commonly caused by faulty wiring or overloaded circuits. The lack of concern for a proper electrical service and inspection has taken its toll. Home safety should be prioritized for our protection and our children's as well.
The government and local councils have stepped up to support home safety inspections to prevent fire and electrical hazards. Some homeowners skip on hiring competent electricians to avoid additional expenses; this line of thinking is unsafe. This puts everyone in harm's way. Fortunately, FCF offers quality electrical services where cost is reasonably cheap Sunshine Coast.
Here's what happens during an electrical safety check and why it is important to have your homes checked.
- Electrical safety checks ensure that electrical circuits and equipment are not overloaded. When defects and potential trouble is spotted, they are immediately rectified to avoid electrical hazards during new installations.
- Older houses are more vulnerable to electrical hazards; a lot of these houses have not been inspected for years and may have faulty earthing or bonding. If older houses are not checked, the probability of risks and hazards continue to grow exponentially.
- To ensure that you are provided with a thorough assessment, government funded safety inspections only allow approved electrical home safety inspectors to conduct safety checks.
During an inspection, the electrician will perform a visual audit and run detailed tests with the power switch turned off. The system is then restored to original condition after the tests are completed. You will be advised according to the results of the assessment as well as an explanation for any implications.
Typically, a report will include an assessment of the overall condition of the electrical installation, whether it is safe or in need of rectification. It will also include a summary of the results of the tests and limitations that existed during the test along with a list of items that need further observation.
When is it important to have an inspection?
- When a house that is more than 25 years old and has not been inspected
- When wiring is not updated, meaning there are still old wiring in the house
- When equipment or an appliance has problems, especially if they are more than 5 years old
- Before selling a property; this is an additional point to present to potential buyers
One of the advantages of carrying out electrical service inspection is that it could uncover some issues that are not apparent. They can be immediately repaired before they cause more damage. On the contrary, electrical safety inspections actually saves you money. The electrician can recommend replacement of lightbulbs with green energy alternative and suggest other ways you could save power. In case of emergency, you may also need Sunshine Coast emergency lighting installed in your house.
For more information, visit FCF today. We offer comprehensive electrical service inspections throughout Sunshine Coast.
|Tags: Electrical Franchise Electrical Safety Check Sunshine Coast Electrical Fire|