Fire Protection Equipment & Electrical Services Australia Wide
FCF Fire & Electrical help Aussie businesses and homes stay safe by supplying and maintaining fire protection equipment for:
Welcome to FCF Fire and Electrical
FCF Fire and Electrical Specialises in Commercial and Residential Fire Protection and Electrical services. As Fire Protection Association Australia members, we can assist you with:
- Supply, installation and Maintenance of Fire Safety Equipment
- Fire Safety Training
- Electrical Services
Our fully qualified Fire Technicians and Electricians are on stand by to deliver you Australia’s best fire safety and electrical service. For a free, fast quote, contact us today.
Supply Installation and Maintenance of Fire Protection Equipment
Australian businesses are required by law to maintain a level of fire safety in the workplace. Regulations such as AS1851 outline the types of equipment that should be installed. It is important to follow these guidelines to ensure your business is 100% fire safety compliant. The types of fire protection equipment required will vary from business to business. We know the correct equipment for your business operations. Some of the basic types of fire protection equipment we specialise in are:
There are 6 main different types of fire extinguishers that can be installed in your business. We know the right type for your business as well as the quantity and location these extinguishers need to placed. We also know the correct signage to display according to the Australian Standards. When it comes to fire safety, your business can’t afford to get it wrong. Protect your staff and customers and ensure you are 100% Fire Safety Compliant.
Emergency Exit Signs
Australian businesses are required to have emergency exit signs installed. This is to help staff and personnel safely exit in the case of a fire emergency. Australian Standards determine where Emergency lights should be placed within a building. We know where and how many emergency exit lights need to be installed in your building. These lights also need to be serviced and maintained periodically.
Another piece of common fire protection equipment is a fire blanket. These are particularly handy for putting out fires associated with cooking fat and oils. For this reason they should be installed in any commercial kitchen. They are used to extinguish small fires. They don’t cause the same amount of mess and damage that a fire extinguisher can often cause.
Smoke detectors are proven life savers. They should be installed in places of commercial accomodation. Hotels, motels, hostels and boarding schools are all required to have working smoke detectors installed. When not properly maintained, smoke detectors can malfunction or cause false alarms. Its essential and in many cases a legal obligation for businesses to ensure their smoke alarms are working periodically.
Fire Alarm Panels
Smoke detectors are also part of Fire Control Panels or Fire Alarm Panels. These systems are an integral part of a building’s fire safety. They are used to detect and respond to fire using a pre determined response action. Larger office buildings and hotels must have their fire alarm panel regularly tested. We can assist with the supply, installation and maintenance of Fire Alarm Panels nation wide.
Other Protection Components
As well as the above fire safety equipment, we can also supply, install or maintain other components to a buildings fire safety. This includes fire hydrants, fire hose reels, and eye wash stations. We can also devise an emergency evacuation procedure. This is vital for all public buildings and workplaces to have. We can also train your staff on the emergency procedures and instruct them on how to use fire safety equipment such as fire extinguishers.
Fire Equipment Maintenance
Once Fire Equipment is installed in your business it must be maintained to ensure it is fully operational. Different states have different standards when it comes to fire equipment maintenance. Regardless of the standard, it is smart to have your fire protection equipment maintained on a periodic basis. This includes the electrical test and tagging of all electrical equipment. Detecting a fault in advance can prevent damage to expensive equipment. It can also prevent injury and fire.
Get a Free Quote on Fire Safety Equipment & Inspections for Your Business
Request a Callback Today:
Business Fire Safety Plan
Business owners must ensure they are fire safe and follow all of the mandated minimums at least for fire safety in their office, warehouse, or storefront. Fire Safety in Australia is essential for ensuring the safety and health of their employees and customers and can mean the difference between a fire killing people and everyone being able to escape unharmed if there is a fire in the building. Taking the time to read through a checklist of what business owners need to have can enable a business owner to be sure they’re following Fire Safety in Business practices and ensuring the safety of everyone in the building.
Have a Means of Escape and Clear Evacuation Route
- Evacuation routes must be clear of obstructions and final exits should be clear of obstructions for at least two meters. All final exits adjoined to other properties must be clear as well.
- All doors along the escape route must include proper hardware and be unlocked and unobstructed.
- All doors must be undamaged and current maintenance records for fire doors must be produced upon request.
- Fire and smoke walls must be free from unprotected penetration.
- Evacuation signs and diagrams must contain all required information and must be securely fastened and oriented.
Be Sure to Follow Occupancy Limits for Buildings
- The business cannot exceed the number of occupants permitted at any times and must be calculated appropriately based on the type of building.
- Any occupancy notices that are issued must be complied with immediately and the business must ensure every staff member is aware of the occupancy number.
Maintain all Fire Safety Products Appropriately
- Exit signs and emergency lighting must be undamaged and current maintenance records must be kept and produced upon request.
- All fire extinguishers must be correctly maintained and current maintenance records must be provided upon request.
- All fire hose reels must be properly maintained, with maintenance records kept and able to be provided upon request.
- The fire detection and alarm system must be operating properly with no faults being indicated and must be kept maintained and have proper maintenance records.
- The number of unwanted alarm activations must be below the average.
- The evacuation system must be in auto mode with no zones in fault and must be properly maintained with records.
- The sprinkler booster installation must be undamaged and maintained with records that can be produced upon request.
- The on-site fire hydrant booster must be undamaged and all on-site fire hydrants must be undamaged with maintenance records properly kept.
- Current maintenance records must be provided upon request for stairwell pressurization, smoke and heat ventilation systems, standby power supply, and emergency lifts.
- If any critical defect notice has been received, it must be rectified within one month and interim measures have to be put in place for the safety of occupants.
Be Sure There is an Evacuation Plan in Place
- There must be a fire and evacuation plan in place that is kept in the specified form.
- Fire and Evacuation plans must reflect alternative building solutions and must include procedures to help evacuate anyone with special needs.
- The plans must be kept current, reviewed annually, and available upon request.
- General evacuation instructions must be given to workers within two days of hire and then annually. Records for these must be available upon request.
- First response evacuation instructions must be given within one month of hire and then once every two years. Records for these must also be available upon request.
- Evacuation coordination instructions must be given and records for the instructions must be available.
- Evacuation practice must be conducted annually and a Fire Safety Advisor must be appointed if there are more than 30 employees.
Prepare and Implement Fire Safety Management Plans
- Current fire safety management plans must be prepared and implemented.
- A copy of these plans must be kept in the building and be able to be accessed by anyone, without charge, when the business is open.
These are some of the most important tasks a business owner should be aware of to ensure their building and the occupants is fire safe. Be sure to follow all of these to ensure your building is properly prepared and follows the law for fire safety. Any questions should be directed to a professional to ensure an accurate and legally sound answer. If you need help to ensure you’re fire safe Australia, contact us today.
Latest FCF National Fire Safety News
Smoke detectors are very effective in preventing loss of life in Australian homes and commercial accomodation. For this reason Australian Standards make it mandatory to have smoke detectors working and installed in Australian homes. Read to see what the smoke detector regulations are. Contact FCF Fire and Electrical for Expert advice and a free quote on smoke detectors in your home.read more
Every winter in Australia there are a number of avoidable house fires caused by regular household items such as Electric Blankets. In this article we look at some simple Electric Blanket Fire Safety tips that you can follow to ensure your home or commercial premises are safer. We also offer a range of electrical testing services to ensure your electrical items such as fire blankets are free from electrical faults which could lead to fire.read more
The NextGen Franchising Summit recently attended by Jacob Foster, general manager of FCF Fire and Electrical was an extremely valuable experience. It further establishes the FCF Fire and Electrical franchise as an emerging Australian Franchise Opportunity that gives Australians a chance to become part of a successful business model.read more
Being a part of a Franchise can help you avoid the many pitfalls of trying to start your own business. It’s true – We have helped Australian business owners successfully transition to a being a Franchisee and seeing more success. The service based model of FCF Fire and Electrical is hard to beat and is a proven success machine.read more
Summer in Australia often means the threat of Bushfires. If you live in a bushfire prone area, there are a number of things you can do to reduce the chance of property damage or loss of life due to bush fire.read more
FCF Fire and Electrical provide an opportunity to inspect for fire safety issues, provide measures to improve the safety of your business and increase fire safety and awareness outreach. Call us today.read more
Recently a man died in a Pub Fire in Darling Downs. The historic building was completely destroyed by fire and in the aftermath a mans body was found. The incident highlights how important it is for Australian Businesses to ensure they are Fire Safety Compliant in keeping with local laws and Australian Standards. Authorities are likely to investigate if the Darling Downs Establishment was fully compliant according to Australian Standards.read more
Do you want to be part of a winning team? Join FCF Fire and Electrical as a franchisee. FCF have grown to become an Australian Fire Safety company built upon great pricing and customer service. Find out what life is like running your own FCF Fire & Electrical business by watching these three videos featuring FCF Managing director Jacob Foster.read more
One of the keys to the success of the FCF Fire and Electrical Franchise has been its commitment to local business and building the community. This ethical approach to business is reflected in the International Franchise Association’s Franchising Guidelines. This is one of the reasons FCF Fire and Electrical were recently recognised by the IFA and invited to attend their Next Gen Leadership Summit.read more
FCF Fire & Electrical is an Australian Franchise that has recently been recognised by the International Franchise Association. This is significant recognition for an Australian Company and is testament to FCF’s Customer service and satisfaction. It is our happy customers who enjoy better service and more competitive pricing that has enabled FCF Fire & Electrical grow to become an award winning Australian Franchiseread more
When it comes to Franchising Opportunities in Australia, FCF Fire and Electrical have been recognised as a quality option with a proven revenue model. As a business that emphasises quality customer service and competitive pricing, FCF Fire and Electrical can now provide nation wide fire safety at better rates than its competitors.read more
The Next Gen Franchising Summit is a gathering of global emerging franchise companies. It is an opportunity for business owners and company directors to understand global trends in franchising. Jacob Foster, Managing director of FCF Fire and Electrical will be part of the summit this year after FCF Fire and Electrical were recognised by the International Franchise Association.read more
Many Australians have seen great success through Franchising in Australia. As a Franchise Company, FCF Fire and Electrical is a bug supporter of Franchising in Australia and look to help Australians become successful business owners by building a business on great customer service and satisfaction.read more
The Tianjin explosion was one of the biggest commercial explosions in history. It took days to extinguish the fire and hundreds of lives were lost. This tragedy is something that Australian Business owners can learn from.read more