Fire Safety Checklist – Be Prepared
Is all equipment correctly maintained and tested to current standards?
- Is there an ineffective fire alarm?
- Is the fire alarm tested every month?
- Is the fire alarm functioning correctly?
- Are smoke alarms installed?
- Are the smoke alarms tested monthly?
- Are fire exits clearly marked and easily identifiable?
- Are fire exits free from obstruction?
- Are emergency procedures displayed?
- Are the telephone numbers of emergency services clearly displayed?
- Are there regular fire evacuation practices?
- Have fire wardens been appointed and trained?
- Is an assembly area designated?
- Is assembly area correctly positioned?
- Are fire extinguishers available?